So a friend of mine recently said to me that she wished she had the time to cook up all the things I put up on Facebook. Some of the stuff does take a while, but others are quick and easy. Tonight I picked up some takeout for the kids and the wife, but I wondered if I would be able to throw something together with some of the leftovers I had in the ‘fridge into something edible and appetizing. The entire process took me just under 20 minutes (19:47 to be exact). I wasn’t going to post something here, but my friend Molly asked so here it is:
1. Set Oven on bake at 350°F. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add garlic, pepper flakes and some salt.
2. Add Broccoli Rabe and sauté for a few minutes.
3. Add the penne and mix.
4. Add salmon, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Thoroughly mix in the pan.
5. Add peppers and mix. Salt to taste. Once warmed, place contents of pan in a baking dish. Spread evenly and cover with parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
7. Broil on high for 5 minutes or until the top of the casserole begins to brown.
8. Plate and serve.