At the request of my pal Sheila, here is the recipe for the Sautéed Mushroom & Broccoli Rabe Rapini I posted yesterday on the Facebook Page. This was the result of playing around in the kitchen with a few things I found in the refrigerator.
It’s quick and easy. Probably took me 20 minutes from refrigerator to dining table.
12 ounces of thickly sliced mushrooms
4-5 cups of Broccoli Rabe Rapini, chopped
4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
1. Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat, covering the bottom of the pan with olive oil.
2. Once hot, saute the garlic for about a minute, stirring with a wooden spoon to keep it from burning.
3. Put in the sliced mushrooms, tossing the garlic and the mushrooms so that the mushrooms are covered in oil. Sprinkle a pinch or two of kosher salt. Turn heat up slightly. You want the heat to be high enough to slightly burn the mushrooms without overcooking them. Stir occasionally. Once the edge of the mushrooms begin to brown, remove and place on a plate.
4. Turn heat back to medium-high. Add a touch of olive oil if necessary and then place the broccoli rabe in the pan. Sprinkle with a pinch or two of kosher salt. Toss to cover in oil and then cover for no more than a minute. Uncover, toss again. If the broccoli rabe has reached your desired tenderness, add mushrooms, toss, cook for another couple of minutes at medium heat to allow flavors to blend.
5. Plate and serve. Probably better used as a side dish, but I ate it as my main meal last night